10.13.2010

Aigoo

I keep forgetting I have one of these....

Being an adult is exhausting! Or at least pretending to be an adult is exhausting. Most days I still feel like I fit in better with my middle school students than the teachers...

Though I now understand why some people go to sleep at like 9:30.

I still don't of course, but I can at least understand it now.


There was a dance festival last week in Cheonan, and I was able to go to the parade on Saturday night. It pretty much made up for missing Old Settlers.

And, instead of handing out candy, floats in Korea hand out produce. I left the parade with a bag of grapes, a pear (Korean pears look like apples, but they are the size of grapefruit), some walnuts, a tiny bottle of wine and a pen. They were also throwing bags of hard boiled eggs off one of the floats, but I managed to miss those...

It was awesome. We made friends with some very enthusiastic Korean girls and took a picture with almost every person in the parade.

Also, for the first time in my life, I literally made two small children off of a bike today. Without even touching them. They were so focused on seeing me and saying hello that the boy hit the curb and the bike (and children) fell over.

Were they concerned that they were now laying on the ground with a bike on top of them?

Of course not. I actually don't think they even noticed. Instead they still yelled hello to me and just stared as I tried to help them up.

I love this place.

P.s. I got my first Korean haircut today. And it was a success. And it was only 10000 won. And my hair stylist was wearing a three piece suit with a silk scarf, which is actually pretty normal for here. And this is what it looks like.


 As for music, I will leave you with two songs. Beach House has pretty much dominated my Ipod listening, while Shinee is playing pretty much everywhere here. Both are pretty great. Ha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home